The end is near. With the second season almost over, TMS Entertainment confirms that the third season of “Fruits Basket” will be coming to us in 2021.
It is expected that the official confirmation of this announcement will arrive with the premiere of the last episode of this second season. According to rumors, this third season will be titled “Fruits Basket: The Final”. In addition to the rumors, it is also speculated that part of the cast and staff will return to close this wonderful adaptation of Natsuki Takaya’s manga.
Among the possible returns we find:
- Yuuma loves as Kyou Souma
- Manaka Iwami as Tooru Honda
- Nobunaga Shimazaki as Yuki Souma
- Yuuichi Nakamura as Shigure Souma
- Makoto Furukawa as Hatsuharu Souma
- Megumi Han as Momiji Souma
- Takahario Sakurai as Ayame Souma
- Kazuyuki Fudeyasu as Hatori Souma
- Satomi Sato as Saki Hanajima
- Ueda reigns as Kisa Souma
The staff members that could return in this third season are Yoshihide Ibata, who thus far has served as a director on this anime adaptation at TMS Entertainment studios. Taku Kishimoto, who is the overall composer for the series. Masaru Shindou and Natsuki Takaya would also return, the former as character designer, the last as an executive supervisor.
This new season of “Fruits Basket” is a remake of an anime adaptation that aired in 2001. The first season had 26 episodes. So far this remake has two seasons, the first premiered in April 2019 and has 25 episodes. The second season, so far, has only 24 episodes.