You have a Roku device and you want to enjoy all the benefits that it can bring to you. In this article, we will help you to take advantage of the functions of this equipment and how to use it with your Laptop.
The Roku device is a very useful tool to transmit to your Smart TV and even to connect on the Laptop and watch educational and entertaining content, as well as the possibility of controlling Roku TV through Alexa if you wish. Thanks to this device you and your family will be able to enjoy a wide range of content, such as watching or playing movies and videos for all types of audiences. And something that you may not know is that, with your Roku, you can mirror the screen even on your Laptop with the right settings.
An advantage of this configuration is that you can configure your Laptop and your Smart TV so that they both project the same information together. For this, you do not need separate hardware or to install an application on your computer, since you can achieve it with the help of your Roku.
Also useful: Why is my Roku Express device overheating?
How to connect my Roku to my Laptop easily
This procedure and the steps are not complicated at all, so we will explain how to use the application to connect it with your Laptop.
This procedure is quick, and if you already know how to use your Roku, it will be easier to follow the steps.
- You will first need to enable screen mirroring settings on your Roku device.
- Once you have entered the “Settings” option, proceed to search for “Network” for the Roku settings.
- Now select “Screen mirroring” and then “Screen mirroring mode”.
- After that, press where it says “Ask” and make sure to correctly mark “Always allow”.
- But if you don’t want to connect automatically, but prefer to do this when you want, select “Never allow”.
Connecting the Roku to the Laptop
Before performing this step, you must configure the Roku to connect with your Laptop. So, you must do the following.
- Go to the bottom right corner of your Laptop screen and select the “Notifications” option.
- Then press the expand option to make it open.
- Now select where it says “Connect”.
- At that time you will get several alternatives in the form of a list, of some teams to broadcast.
- Look through the options for the “Roku” device and select it.
- The pairing will begin and voila.
How to use my Roku on my Laptop easily
We already briefly discussed how to configure the Roku and the laptop to share the screen and enjoy more entertaining content for the whole family. Now, we will be analyzing how we can use the Roku with the Laptop in simple steps, to take advantage of all its educational content.
This is not only a video converter, but it also has the ability to edit, and even allows you to make DVD recordings. If you have this application on your laptop, you can use it, since it has a plugin called “Media Server”.
Thanks to this application you can broadcast any type of video or content from your Laptop to the Roku since they are docked. To use this method, you must follow the step-by-step instructions that we will provide here so that you can achieve it successfully.
- Start by opening the Wondershare media server.
- Enter “Media Server” and it will automatically detect the Roku and select it.
- Once the devices are docked, add the local files, entering “Scan Disk”.
- You can also select “Import” to attach some special files.
- To start streaming, select the “Play on TV” button on your Laptop and wait for it to open on the TV.
- And then you can use the content that you have selected on your Laptop to be broadcasted on your TV.